Since my last post, the girls and I took a spur of the moment trip to Louisiana to visit family and friends and so that I could make my best friend's bachelorette party. I decided to make the trip on a Monday, left first thing Thursday morning dropped the girls off in Shreveport and drove to Mississippi the next day. I stayed there less than 24 hours and turned around and made the four hour drive back to Shreveport. Admittedly I drove longer that day than I had slept the night before.
I was definitely the grandma of the party, asleep somewhere around 3:30-4am and awake and dressed by 7:15am. Kids have spoiled me from sleeping in late. I then meandered down to the lobby, grabbed some strong coffee to keep me awake for the day and listened to gospel music that filled the lobby from a youth conference upstairs. About two hours later the rest of the party was starting to stir. I made my way back to Louisiana after brunch with the bride. It was a whirlwind visit to see her, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Roxie is more than worth it.
We spent a few more days with my parents, if we were going to travel that far, we were going to make the most of it! Sadly all four of us girls got nasty colds, my mama included, so we lost a couple of days along the way. But we did manage to have a very relaxing Memorial Day together.
Yes, Baby Girl lost her glasses about 30 minutes into being in Louisiana. We spent the rest of the week looking for them and NO we NEVER FOUND THEM :( I had asked you all to pray that we would find her glasses, but God used all of your prayers in a different way. He has provided her with not just one pair to replace the one we lost, but TWO pairs of glasses. I'll post about them when they come in, but I am very grateful for His provision and for some very generous grandparents.
Overall the girls traveled amazingly well. There is something to be said for what a lifesaver the iPad is, but I'm quite certain I could go without ever seeing Frozen again and I'd be just fine. I'm hoping it's a sign they are becoming more accustom to car rides since we've got a long drive to the beach in our near future.
In a couple of weeks, we will head to the beach and then to my best friend's wedding all in one fail swoop. It will be wonderful and crazy and fast! I can't wait to post so many pictures full of sweet memories.
And this is what our days have looked like since we returned.
Lots of silliness...
Hugs...
and giggles...
Nothing beats little girl giggles. I wish I could bottle them up and keep them forever.
Nothing beats little girls who drag around stuffed animals and blankets.
who insist that dolly needs to eat lunch as well...
and then shoves all of her eggs into dolly's baby bottle to feed her.
It just doesn't get any better.

























No comments:
Post a Comment