Sunday, October 12, 2014

A Walk in the Park

These silly sisters are nothing but a mess, but they are my mess and I don't know what I would do without them.

Last week, our plans suddenly changed (as they often do), and we ended up playing at my favorite neighborhood park. Yes, I said MY favorite. I love this little park. There are no huge pieces of play equipment, no wood chip covered areas, no busy streets I am constantly trying to keep my children from running into, and most importantly few to no other people. Sometimes I enjoy the hustle and bustle of the busier parks, but usually I prefer to be able to actually sit back and enjoy the solitude with my girls. It is covered in beautiful shady trees and has lots of room for them to run and play. The only two actual pieces of park(like) equipment are swings and a jungle gym of sorts. And while I'm sure they prefer the newer parks that are decked out with the latest fun things, they didn't seem to mind at all once I opened up the car doors and let them run free to pretty much do as they pleased.

I'll be spreading out the photos I took over a couple of posts, but here are some of my favorite more posed pictures.





You will be able to tell from the lack of photos of Baby Girl that she was not so cooperative when it came to having pictures taken of just her.



In fact, this was her initial response to my request for photos.
I can just hear her saying, "Mom, you're exasperating me!"
Not that I would every say that to them : )

I have to say, this is definitely one of my favorites. 






There's her personality coming out. She's my little clown.


No, I am not above bribery. 
I promised them a treat if they cooperated, even just for a few minutes, in my photo shoot request. 

I cannot believe how quickly these girls are growing up!
And I really can't believe that we are about to start the whole process again with another little girl! I know this baby is going to be so blessed with a couple of amazing big sisters to look out for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment