Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Let's Go Fly A Kite

After weeks of waiting, the girls finally got to fly kites with DC. Oklahoma is known for its crazy wind, but of course the day we go out to fly kites and they was no wind to be found. So my dad did a lot of running!


Baby Girl was less interested in the kites and more interested in the flowers. 

It was only fitting that as the girls ran across the field with DC and Dovie, they sang, "Let's go fly a kite!" Mary Poppins is one of their favorite movies. I refuse to get it at home, so it can be something special for them to watch when they go over to DC and Dovie's house. 

My mom kept telling her to blow the dandelions, but she just wanted to rip them apart :)

You can't slow this girl down! She was beyond excited that the big day had finally come. She woke up in the middle of the night before and when I went in to check on her she said, "I have to go back to sleep, right? So I can fly kites with DC tomorrow?" And she went right back to bed. 



I'm sure when he makes it back here in the next couple of weeks they will give it a try again. Hopefully then he won't have to get such a workout. 
I love getting to have my parents around to make such special memories with the girls. These will be days they will never forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment