This is a post just to let all of my friends and family know that I am, in fact, still here.
My blog posts have become few and far between and my outings have become even more sparce. Having three kids three and under has been wonderful and challenging all at the same time. Things I could have managed with two, just don't work with three.
Why yes I would LOVE to bring the girls to the pool! My big girls would enjoy that! But I need both hands free just to be able to ensure they both stay alive, so what do I do with G?
Oh a free movie sounds amazing! But I'm not sure my four month old would cooperate long enough to make it enjoyable (or quiet enough) for everyone else.
So after you've had to turn people down once or twice, you just stop hearing from them. Of course it's not their fault! It's just the season I'm in. I'm sure there are some of you superhuman moms out there who would have accepted those challenges head on and made it work for you. I have just tried and failed one too many times to push those boundaries very often, at least not without an extra set of hands with me (lest we forget "The Day From..."). Mommyhood is amazing, but let's just be honest here, at times it can be lonely too!
For now we are spending lots of time at home. The inflatable pool is being used daily, watercolors cover the kitchen table, Legos are scattered incessantly across the living room floor and our house is constantly in F5 tornado status. We stay at home more than I'd like, but these little girls are soaking in the sunshine and living in their own little worlds filled with daydreams of fairies, princesses and ballerinas.
For now we are spending lots of time at home. The inflatable pool is being used daily, watercolors cover the kitchen table, Legos are scattered incessantly across the living room floor and our house is constantly in F5 tornado status. We stay at home more than I'd like, but these little girls are soaking in the sunshine and living in their own little worlds filled with daydreams of fairies, princesses and ballerinas.
All that to say... I'm still here! No need to put out missing persons posters or send out a search party. I'm just watching these little girls grow up faster than I could have ever imagined. I miss you all but one of these days I'll see you again. ;)




No comments:
Post a Comment