Monday, April 29, 2013

Inside, Outside & Upside Down

She may only be 8 1/2 months old, but I can't believe this is my Baby Girl. She is constantly on the move, eating everything she can get her hands on and talking nonstop. She is still (usually) very laid back and would prefer to be held. But you give her some freedom and a little grass and she's making herself a salad!

Her tiny toes aren't nearly as tiny.

And she can not only sit up on her own, but sit herself up on her own. We found her almost standing up in her crib the other day when we went to get her up from her nap. I think it's time to lower the crib. She can't be that old already!

She is always full of giggles and laughs and she makes the craziest faces.


Someone has a new favorite food- Goldfish- or "fishies" as they are called in our house. Yes, I know, very nutritious. She can't eat very many or very quickly because unlike her sister who started teething at 3 1/2 months this little girl still doesn't have any teeth!

R has a new hobby- Play-Doh. Someone threw in an almost brand new 24 pack of Play-Doh the other day when I stopped at a garage sale and it has provided hours and hours of entertainment.

R still feels the need to eat EVERYTHING. Every time she spits it right back out, but that doesn't stop her from doing it again and again.





R loves to read to her little sister and Baby Girl sits and listens intently (or she tries to eat the book).

"Don't leave me."
"I didn't go anywhere."

"She left me."

"Where did you go??"

"Don't leave me!"

"I love you, Baby. I'm still here."
We left the girls for the first time a couple of weeks ago when we went to the race in Texas and we were told that while we were gone they were always looking out for each other. They would always check in on each other and make sure that wherever they went that they were always together. Love my girls!

The reality of what taking pictures of them usually looks like on my end.


This picture pretty much epitomizes their personalities. Miss Thang and her mini-me. Baby Girl follows her big sis around like a shadow. Now that she is crawling, there is no stopping her! 

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around just how big she is getting. Not only is she physically very tall, but she is communicating. She almost always understands what I'm saying to her and can respond in kind (if she so chooses). We have definitely hit THAT stage though. You know, the one where ALL she says is "No." Pray for me, please. I need it. I only thought I was a patient person, but she knows how to push my buttons!

This is a common site around our house. You can tell that by the fact that Baby Girl is not phased at all. R loves her sister so much.


I just cannot get enough of these girls.

I am trying to adjust to the fact that just putting Baby Girl on a blanket outside is no longer enough. She is VERY mobile, so the blanket does little to no good. I brought her inside today only to realize that her legs were all scraped up. It took me a minute to understand why. My legs would be scraped too, if I were to crawl around on concrete! I had a few extra months before R figured all of this out. But Baby Girl is bound and determined to keep up with her sister and she is well on her way!

No comments:

Post a Comment