Easter is such a wonderful day. For me no matter what else is going on in my life, Easter is a day of joy, thankfulness and reflection.
R and Daddy cheese'n it up after church! I'm definitely seeing a lot of daddy in her.
About a week before Easter, I had the realization that R was old enough to have an Easter egg hunt. The thought of that actually shocked me! She's just a baby. She can't be old enough to do that, but alas she loved every second of it.
Since this was her first egg hunt, I wasn't sure how fast she would catch on. All it took was one time of singing the "clean-up song" and was hooked! She made quick work of those eggs!
She loved it even more when she realized that there were goodies inside each egg. She wanted to open each egg as she picked it up. Silly girl!
"What do you mean a giant bunny comes into the yard and leaves plastic eggs filled with candy? Doesn't that seem weird to anyone else?"
"I'm sorry that's just too much to take in. I can't get that image out of my head."
(I call this her church lady wave.)
The remnants of R's eggs.
Baby Girl is chomping at the bit hoping her sister will share those goodies with her!
(I love R in the back of this picture.)
This was as good of a shot as I could get with all three of us girls. I'll take what I can get!
Me and my Baby Girl! Who would have known last Easter that God would have brought us this special gift.
Daddy taking "selfies" of him and Baby Girl.
R in a very pensive state. Probably trying to decide which candy to eat next : )
"This one! Open it Daddy!"
I cannot tell you how happy these pictures make me. These girls brighten my life every single day. I know they don't yet understand the real meaning of Easter, but I am looking forward to a lifetime full of opportunities to share with my children about the love and sacrifice that was made for all us.
What true freedom, to release all fear and uncertainty because we know the one who created us and knows the beginning from the end. He is risen and because He lives, so can we.


No comments:
Post a Comment