Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Cajun Thanksgiving

Yes, I am weeks behind in posting once again. But for those of you who might not know, I have a photography business that I do on the side and this is a busy time of year for photographers! So I have been spending every free moment editing pictures for the past month or so. If you haven't checked out my Facebook page, please do- www.facebook.com/bethanypepinphotography, and I would love for you to "like" the page if you would like to keep up with my latest work.
Shameless plug, I know. Now on to what you are really here for…..the girls :)

My parents came in town for Thanksgiving which wasn't the original plan. For the first time probably since the girls were born, we were heading down to Louisiana for a holiday. But mom and dad have been doing some home renovations and the house was no where near ready. Honestly I didn't mind too much. Even the shortest of trips require packing up practically our entire house and then traveling in the car at least six hours each way with two little girls who aren't even that keen on driving across town. I was a little bummed not to get to see the rest of our family and friends, but thankfully it had only been a few weeks prior that the girls and I had made the trip down.


A number of different trips were taken to the park while DC and Dovie were here. It might have been cold, but these girls didn't care one bit.


I know two little girls who miss their DC and Dovie A LOT! 




What a good daddy!




I can't tell you how much I loved having our kitchen table full of family. We broke out the extra table leaf for the first time and honestly I hated putting it back up once everyone was gone. I knew there would be a lot of extra expenses when we bought a house, but the one thing I HAD to have as soon as we moved in was a kitchen table. The one in our apartment really couldn't fit more than two people comfortably, although we occasionally squeezed four. If we were buying a house, the point was to have people in it and this holiday we did just that. I was a happy girl.  

Ours was a Cajun Thanksgiving. There were only a few days in between Thanksgiving and when my parents decided to join us in Oklahoma, so we got most of our meal from Herbert's and it was AMAZING. By far the favorite dish was the crawfish, jalapeƱo dressing, even the girls loved it! Of course my parents brought a Strawn's pie and I even ventured out and tried making my grandmother's spicy, baked pecans. This meal was a winner all around! But of course the best part was just being all together. 

We had some sweet visitors over the holiday as well!

 



Just a little light reading before bedtime. 

Our second trip to the park was a bit more adventurous than the last. We we hoping to take some family pictures, something we haven't done since R was only a few months old. I was so excited. I picked out matching outfits and was feeling pretty good about our chances. 

But I should know better. It was pretty much a disaster. 

The unposed photos are always the best anyway, but still….I just wanted one. 

Jeff and I did manage to sneak away and have dad snap a few shots. Thanks Dad!


So I thought if I couldn't get a family photo at least I could get one of the two girls together… This is how it turned out. That's one VERY happy girl. Haha.

Yep, really happy. 

Dovie, make her stop taking pictures!

Yea, she plays with spoons AND eats rocks. 

D.C. and his Baby Girl. 


Sorry, I couldn't help myself. What a stud!

Love this photo! Daddy and his little girl. 

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with family time and plenty to be thankful. I am having a hard time believing that Christmas is now less than two weeks away. But I know three girls who can't wait to have their D.C. and Dovie back here again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment