Right now there is just one thing going on in these parts- snow. Now I'm okay with the whole winter wonderland thing for a day or two, but we've far surpassed that at this point. I'm ready for it to warm up enough around here that the snow and ice are gone. We managed to get out once or twice and let the girls "enjoy" some time outside, but really only one child enjoyed this time.
She was completely happy sitting inside the house just peeking out the backdoor. Not wanting to face the cold, wet, windy outside.
My little adventurer.
And then what did her loving, compassionate mama do? She thought that maybe, just maybe she would actually enjoy the snow if she just gave it a chance.
We see how well that turned out.
She made it out there a total of 90 seconds max. I don't blame her. One of my biggest pet peeves is being cold and wet, but I will do almost anything to get a good picture.
But with all this snow, we've been spending LOTS of time in the house. In fact, we've been spending WAY too much time in the house. And this is exactly why this is as far north as I could ever live. I have no idea how to keep these girls entertained. I have really tried! I end up spending more time preparing for these great games and crafts than they do actually playing them. I have learned that it is best for all three of us girls if we have outings during the week or "adventures" as we call them. Now granted most of them just end up with us at Target, but sometimes I can manage an hour and a half away from home with a Starbucks in my hand and fairly happy children. So even in the snow, we had made it there twice!
The cold can have some advantages too. We had a cozy movie afternoon were we all piled into our bed and chowed down on popcorn and watched Ice Age. But when the popcorn was done, so were the girls. Honestly, I was surprised they even lasted that long! It was really fun.
R has become obsessed with Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. Yes, the old school one. I cannot tell you how many times a day I hear her ask to watch "her show." I can only keep her preoccupied for so long before I give in. At least it momentarily keeps them both entertained and contained to a single room. Judge me if you must, but I've learned that sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do!
Now my only concern is that she doesn't understand the concept that Rudolph is a seasonal movie. Lord, please let this be a quick phase because I can't watch Rudolph all year round!








No comments:
Post a Comment