This past week we took a trip with my family, a trip to nowhere. Well not exactly nowhere, but close enough that it made for a perfect getaway. Other than spending part of Mother's Day on the lake soaking in the breeze and basking in the partly sunny skies, we did a whole lot of nothing and it was wonderful.
This little girl spent most of her time throwing rocks into the creek. She literally spent hours upon hours just tossing the rocks into the water, only moving long enough to collect more rocks and start again.
This little girl meandered about, occasionally throwing rocks with her sister, taking walks with her DC and eating more food than could possibly fit in that tiny belly.
If you're wondering where her glasses are, well we decided that with such an expansive, lush area as her playground that leaving them on would be more problematic than keeping them inside in a safe spot.
Jeff spent every second he could outside. He fished, went for walks, dug up worms to fish with and collected wood for the fire pit. My manly man.
And what did I do? I chased these silly little girls around. I had long talks with my parents. I relaxed and drank in the fresh air and I might have gotten a little writing done.
Jeff and Daddy were twinsies :)
R loved fishing with her daddy in the creek.
R and her DC spent LOTS of time together. They took more wagon rides than they could count. They braved creeks (in her pjs no less) and he is indoctrinating her early on with a love of rock collecting- which only seems fitting since as a child I would bring home my "rock collection" from school in my backpack. AKA- I would bring home a backpack full of asphalt.
However, I'm not sure she really has the concept down yet. Each time my dad would find a rock he liked, he would give it to her to hold and she would chunk it as far as she possibly could.
No outdoor adventure would be complete without s'mores. This was the girls' first time to have this delicious dessert and needless to say- they LOVED them.
Of course I don't think this girl has met a dessert she didn't love!
R was a bit more apprehensive when it came to the inevitable mess that comes with melted chocolate and marshmallows.
But she quickly succumb to the warm, yummy gooyness.
I love this picture and I love my Momma.
R sure loves her Daddy.
R is such a snuggle bug, which is funny because before Baby Girl came along she wouldn't let you hold her for more than two seconds before wiggling away. I much prefer holding her tight to chasing her down, however carrying this VERY tall girl can come as a challenge when she was more than half my height by the time she reached one-year old (and now she's almost three)!
Baby Girl thought that one s'more just wasn't enough. She wanted s'more :)
Baby Girl loved all the time she got to spend with her Dovie.
"Sup?"
I told you. She loves to cuddle.
Just in case you ever wondered where I get my photo obsession...
Meet my dad.
Rock collector and photographer extraordinaire.
I love this guy.
Daddy disappeared one afternoon and reappeared with a cooler full of tiny fish. He then convinced Baby Girl to kiss one of the fishes. R was not so easily convinced.
These tiny toes aren't so tiny any more.
In the rest of our abundant free time, the girls loved to "swim" in the hot tub on our beautiful back porch overlooking the creek.
I'm not much a water bug, so the girls had a lot of fun playing in the hot tub with their Uncle Roo and Auntie Kiss Kiss.
This is one of my favorite pictures from the whole trip. Wet baby cuddles are the best.
We had a fabulous trip. My favorite kind of trips are the ones where the whole goal is to relax and spend time together as a family. Too often we overbook our vacations and they become taxing (and much more expensive!), but this one was perfect. I miss you all already!

























































No comments:
Post a Comment