So my best friend got married almost three weeks ago and I am just getting around to writing this blog. No, that isn't typical, but really nothing in my life has been typical lately, so I'll just go with the flow.
For those of you who do not know, this is Roxie, and we've been friends since middle school and best friends since sometime in high school. Sadly we both grew up, and moved away from home in the opposite direction of each other. I moved northwest of our hometown of Shreveport, Louisiana and she moved pretty much due east. I'll be honest... it really stinks. But of course we wouldn't have missed her wedding for the world. I was a matron of honor (she had two), R was a junior bride and Baby Girl was the flower girl, so we had a lot on our plate for the weekend.
We had been in Destin, Florida the week leading up to the wedding festivities and left a day early to make sure we got to be a part of everything. Friday morning I got up at 5:45am and we left Florida sometime around 7:15am. We drove straight to Jackson, Mississippi in hopes of making it there for the Bridesmaids luncheon. I changed clothes in the car, while we were driving, but I made it there on time, in one piece and fully clothed!
We had a busy day. After the luncheon, the other Matron of Honor and I ran a couple of errands, and then I got dropped off at the hotel with barely enough time to get changed, get the girls dressed and head to the rehearsal. Of course upon my arrival at the hotel were Jeff had been keeping the girls occupied, I was greeted when I opened our door by two diaper clad children who proceeded to make a b-line through the small opening I made in the door and took off down the hall. Jeff and I were both chasing almost naked, laughing babies down the VERY long hotel hallway. These girls are nuts!
My parents drove in from Shreveport and met us at the hotel. I knew with all I would have going on in the next 24 hours that their help with the girls would be much needed and much appreciated. And of course Roxie is a part of our family, they wouldn't have missed this special day either! So we rounded up the naked babies loose in the hallways, got all dressed and headed to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.... By the end of the night, both girls had their own personal iPhone to keep them amused (and quiet).
Yea, this describes her personality to a "T."
I have to say that while she might not have actually thrown any petals, she was the cutest little flower girl I've ever seen.
It's almost time!!!
I can't believe this little bride it so grown up!
Here she's "stealing my nose" because goodness knows she has already stolen my heart.
This was practically the only photo she would smile for the entire day, for the photographer she was very serious.
Daddy's getting her ready for her big job!
I'll take what I can get when it comes to family photos these days.
Yep, I was the first one to snag them after the wedding for a photo with the newly married couple! I love them both and am excited to see what God has in store for David and Roxie!
#hoodhoodhurray!
Our - OMG SHE JUST GOT MARRIED - picture. : )
But let me tell you one thing that stinks.... I had two Maids of Honor at my wedding as well, and here is the other one! They BOTH moved to Jackson and live just a few minutes away from each other and where do I live?? Almost 10 hours away... But I was grateful for the fact that I got to catch up with both of them while I was there (for less than 24 hours!).
I know, it's blurry, blame my terrible iPhone camera, but they look wonderful nonetheless.
Daddy did a wonderful job helping Baby Girl get down the aisle without any incidents. She didn't throw any petals, but she did walk in a fairly straight line and made it to the end of the aisle without turning around and running out! I call it a success!
And you should have seen these two get down at the reception! The beautiful poofy dresses didn't last too long after their wedding duties were done, but they had a blast dancing.
All of us girls sure love our RaRa, and while I'm bummed that I had too much going on to pull out my "real camera" and get some better quality photos, we loved getting to celebrate Roxie and David's big day. We love you guys!
And they lived happily ever after....



















No comments:
Post a Comment