Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Sit Tight Baby Girl

Today might be my last calm day for a while. The girls are currently dressed in their princess garb and watching Mickey Mouse and I am sitting on my couch waiting for the dryer to buzz. 

My goal for the day is to stay in my pajamas, do a little bit of housework and a lot of laundry.

I admit that I have neglected my blog lately. Between the growing baby in my belly (33 weeks and counting) and sleep training two toddlers all over again, I pretty much live in a state of exhaustion. Not to mention that this weekend was WAY more eventful than I would have wished.

Last Friday I got out of the house early and since Jeff has had some time to take off work before the end of the year, I got to go all by myself! I had an OB appointment and followed that up with lots of errands and Christmas shopping. We then met some of his family for lunch, and by the time we got back home I did some dishes, put the girls down for naps and ran back out the door. By about 2:30 in the afternoon, I was thinking all this running around might not have been the best idea. My stomach got increasingly tighter and tighter and the pain lasted longer and longer. So needless to say, after much deliberation, lots of water and a few hours off my feet I decided against going to the hospital. But the next few days held a lot of the same pains and discomfort and I did my best to rest and lay down when possible. 

I know for a lot of women this is common, but not for me. I didn't have a single contraction until the day R was born. Thankfully all of that has slowed down and I am very grateful to say that all of my Christmas shopping is now complete. Those crowds were going to do me in if nothing else did! 

However, all of that hoopla got me thinking- she could be here anytime! (Although I hope she waits!) Her nursery is in shambles, we still have to finalize a name, I haven't even thought about a hospital bag and the house is a wreck. So I immediately started buying things for the nursery. And while technically they probably don't need to be here before Christmas, I'm very grateful for these companies that are providing free shipping and delivery before the 25th. 

As for the laundry that I'm still waiting to change, it is my first load of pinks and newborn sizes for this little girl. I can't believe how small everything is! It hasn't been that long since my girls were born, but long enough that you forget they could ever be THAT tiny. I am also very grateful today that I am a hoarder of sorts. I started a box of clothes and nursery items as I found them on clearance weeks or even months ago, and now all of those items are really coming in handy and taking some stress of this mama.

I know that we will have everything we need and that we could completely make due with what we already have, even if the nursery wasn't perfect. But that doesn't change the fact that I want it to all be done and done well before she arrives.  :) My goal is that this little girl sits tight at least until we make it to the Garth Brooks concert in the middle of January, but her due date of February 4th will be just fine with me!



No, these photos have nothing to do with my post, nor are they from today. But I thought you might enjoy them : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment