Saturday, January 24, 2015

Showered with Love

As with everything else in my life at the moment, I am behind in writing this post. But last weekend, this sweet little girl and I were beyond blessed with a wonderful shower celebrating her soon arrival. 

I never imagined I would be one to have definite opinions on a shower thrown for me, but this time around I did. Honestly, I felt my opinions were more for the benefit of everyone else, but isn't that how most of us control freaks like to think about our "suggestions"? Haha.

Anyway... My request was for simplicity. Cake. Punch. Family and friends. I didn't want anyone to stress out or go overboard. I just wanted a place to be able to enjoy being with the people I love and celebrate this new life. And I got exactly what I wanted. It was perfect- low key and relaxing.

The cake was AMAZING and perfectly matches the quilt my parents got to go in the nursery. 


I got so many wonderful and thoughtful gifts. Our little one will definitely not be wanting for anything. 



I had so many precious people come to celebrate with me. It was such a unique blend of friends from all the different stages of my time here in Tulsa. I felt very blessed to have them all in the same place at the same time. I'm just sad that I didn't get the camera out sooner because I missed getting pictures with a lot of them!





And I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am to have this lady here with us in Oklahoma now! All of us girls have definitely been taking advantage of seeing her every chance we get.

A special thanks to all of the ladies in my life who worked so hard to have this shower for me! Krystal opened up her beautiful home and it was the perfect place for this special occasion.

And of course where would I be without these two lovely ladies! I have the most amazing mom and mother-in-law and all THREE of my girls have the most phenomenal women of God to look up to as role models. 

We were definitely showered with love (and gifts)! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment