G's Room
It's true that by the third kid you are just on autopilot. R's room was done months ahead of time. Baby Girl's room was a whole different story because we didn't know she would be ours until two months out, but then we immediately started on her room. And then came baby #3. We didn't even start her room until the middle of January, maybe three weeks out.
One night Jeff came into her room after we had put the girls down to find me on my hands and knees, nine months pregnant trying to tape off the wall so we could start painting. He would come home from work and ask me how I got those flowers hung so high on the wall. He wasn't thrilled about me climbing on chairs and scaling walls with the baby due any day, but we were getting down to the wire and she was going to be here so soon. I just did what I had to do.
The flowers above her crib were actually from the girls' birthday party in August.
Most of the decorations in her room I either repurposed from other rooms, found at garage sales or bought at Hobby Lobby.
The bedding for her crib is going to be a Dalmatian spotted crib sheet and black and white bumper pads. I haven't put them on yet because Baby Girl still occasionally naps in here and G hasn't slept in the crib yet. So I figure I'll keep them nice and new until the bed is all hers.
If you can't tell, I love to mix and match. The more eclectic the better!
I've always relied on the help of other people when decorating rooms in the past. I would second guess myself and end up just falling back on someone else's ideas or opinions, but this room I managed to put together on my own and I love it! It is clean (for now) and peaceful and currently my favorite room of the house!






No comments:
Post a Comment