Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A New Decade- Welcoming in my Thirties

I feel as though I should be mourning the loss of my twenties, but the truth is- I didn't lose anything.

Culture makes us feel as though our youth is the only part of our life that is to be celebrated and each passing birthday is to be dreaded. It seems a little backwards to me. Of course, I understand perhaps I am just not old enough yet to hate the number attached to me, but I don't mind the thought of being 30.

Looking back over my twenties, I can't help but feel as though more change happened in this decade than could take place in any other. I left home and went to college, graduated college, met and married Jeff, bought our first house, got my first "real" job, quit my first real job because I was expecting our first baby, had baby #1, adopted baby #2 and had baby #3. I went from a single college student, to a married mama of three in just ten short years.

I have no regrets. I'm sure there are things I could have done better, experiences I might have missed out on or overlooked, but nothing I would change.










I have no idea what the next decade holds. People keep asking me how I feel to be turning 30.

I feel hopeful.
I feel optimistic.
I truly feel like a new chapter of my life is about to begin.
I know that the best is yet to come.

Signing off for the last time as a twenty-something!
XOXO
-bethany-

No comments:

Post a Comment