We have had so many wonderful friends and family come in town over the past few weeks, but I cannot express how excited I was to have my best friend, Roxie, here with us for a few days. She and I have been friends since middle school and regardless of the fact that we are hundreds of miles away and states apart, very little has changed.
We still enjoyed late night chats, shopping trips, musical theather (Les Mis was AMAZING!) and added a new memory- playing with the babies! Yes, life has definitely changed for the both of us over the past few years, but our friendship has only gotten stronger.
R ran around with Aunt Roxie and baby girl in the backyard, even though it was FREEZING! Well freezing by Oklahoma standards anyway.
I love this picture so much! I think Aunt Roxie and Baby Girl bonded over their love of crazy hair.
One of R's most favorite things- Kisses for Baby!
If you look closely at the knot in the wood, you will see the snout of the huge dog that lives next door. I guess they were having a conversation because R would just growl back at him when he barked.
Kisses from Aunt Roxie! You can't help but kiss such a sweet face.
Group Shot!
Our little girls had a least three Christmas mornings. The third came when their Aunt Roxie arrived. But I have to say that I think this tent was by far the biggest success. R loves her turtle tent! We have filled it with books, her Dora sleeping bag and a huge pillow that her Auntie also bought her. We found her curled up in there with her pile of books reading to herself. What a special spot just for her.
My little girls are so blessed to have so many people that love them! And I am so blessed to have a friend who has been with me through pretty much everything in my life.
I think the conversation we had before she arrived summed it all up. "Roxie, I love you so much that I didn't clean my house for you." She replies, "Awww. I love you so much, that I didn't clean my car for you!"
We can completely be ourselves around each other with no need for facades or explanations. We don't have to get cleaned up, dressed up or made up to be around each other. We have laughed, cried and disagreed (sometimes all in the same day), but we love each other just the same. That is a true friend. I know they don't come around often, so I'm holding on tight.



No comments:
Post a Comment