Monday, June 24, 2013

A Puppy & A Prayer

Other than the word "no," the two phrases most commonly heard in my house are - "uh-oh" and "bye-bye." So when I heard those two in succession I barely even paused before continuing on to my next train of thought. After a second, I glanced up to see R perched on the back of the couch peering out the upstairs window that looks out on our backyard (and our neighbors). She was waving. Now she had me curious.

I walked across the room expecting to see nothing, perhaps she was waving at one of the many planes that pass over our house since we live close to a small air field. Nope, that wasn't it. As I followed her stare, I noticed a small puppy wiggling through a hole in our neighbors fence and before I could blink he was gone.

What a perceptive little girl!

I stood there momentarily before realizing that I need to "quickly" run next door and pray someone was home. (I say quickly with a bit of tongue-in-cheek since I had two barely clothed babies that I needed to tote/drag along.) Our house backs up to businesses and a fairly busy street and it was rush hour, so I didn't want to waste any time. We made it over their and found someone to tell. I haven't heard yet if he made it home safely, but I'm hoping he did!

I'm sorry if that story is a bit anticlimactic but I am just amazed at the perception of my little girl! She's not even two and she knew exactly what was going on. So if/when that little puppy makes it home, they don't need to thank me. They can thank my baby : )


And the poor girl has really had a rough time these past few weeks. She has had two stomach bugs, one that lasted over two weeks. We have been to the doctor twice in the past week alone. She's (still) teething and all-in-all she has handled it like a champ!


A moment I'll always remember... This past week R clobbered me for a hug, buried her head in my chest and began talking. It took me a minute to realize that she was praying for me. Her eyes were tightly closed and the look on her face was very intense. It was the best prayer I have ever received. And I'll admit I may have shed a few tears. I am not sure if there is anything as powerful for a parent as their child laying hands on them and watching what you've poured in to them come out as a blessing on you.



It's so fun to watch her grow. Right now it is often hard to see past her "phase" to her heart, but I get to catch glimpses of it during moments like these and I can't wait to see all that God has in store for her.


My little world changer, puppy saver and intercessor. I love you baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment