Home Sweet Home.
These words tug at my heart strings nowadays because for 18 years Louisiana was home. Now when I head to my parents house I don't even know what to say. I've lived in Oklahoma for going on a decade (which doesn't even seem possible!). I now have a home of my own, along with a husband and two little girls who call it home as well. But I still love watching my girls run around the house where I grew up, feeding the horses off the back deck and making new memories in a place that already holds so many wonderful memories for me.
We spent as much time as we possibly could hanging out with my mom and dad or Dovie and DC, as the girls call them. We did lots of shopping and eating and made plenty of trips to the park. I also got to connect with some old friends, see my beautiful cousin off to her junior Homecoming and hang out with my best friend, Roxie. We had such a great visit and as much as we hated leaving, these three girls were awfully happy to get home to see daddy.
The ride home wasn't as bad as the last time. There was no blood involved this time. And while there was lots of screaming and plenty of tears (mine included....figuratively speaking), we made it back without major incident and in good time.
Now to get everything put away and get back on a schedule.







Such beautiful pictures!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Becca!
Delete