Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Blame It On the Teeth

My usually low key and docile child has turned a corner. Not only does she stand up for herself more often these days, but she chatters nonstop and is ALWAYS on the go. And even though she's been cruising on furniture since she was 10 months old, she has no immediate desire to walk at almost 14 months.
This is her current mode of transportation- bear crawling- second only to being carried.

She has mastered the art of climbing. A talent she no doubtably learned from her older sister.

Look at those little toes! Her feet are still so tiny and I love it! She may be almost 14 months, but she's still in a 3-6 month shoe. 

The girls got a picnic table for their birthday and they just love it, but not for the reasons that I would hope. It has become a jungle gym. It has gotten more use as a toy than a table so far, but I guess at least it is getting put to good use!

This little girl is rarely so serious. But I love the color and vibrancy of this picture.

Yep! That's more like it- a little bit a sass and a lot of spunk.



My calm and relaxed child can now we can go from happy to snappy in no time flat.

And after almost 14 months of waiting, she is getting her first tooth! We were starting to wonder, especially because her big sister got her first tooth at 4 months. So the moodiness makes more sense. SO many things can be a result of teething. I remember it did a number on R (and it still is!). 
Poor Baby Girl. 


All of this makes me wonder though.....R was a fairly (how do I say this nicely) tempered baby?? Maybe she too could have been docile if her teeth had waited a little longer to come in?

Who am I kidding?


So we are reading lots of books and spending tons of time cuddling. She may now have more of a fire to her, but she's still my snuggly baby. Some things will never change. I'm just going to soak up the cuddles and say lots of prayers.


I will leave you with this awesome photo. I can only think of one thing every time I see it. But feel free to caption it, if you wish!
She must be saying-
"WHY GOD!? WHY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment