Monday, January 6, 2014

Bethany Pepin Photography- A Leap of Faith


As many of you know (and some of you may not), I started doing photography as a part-time business about a year ago. It's VERY part-time, as I try to learn how to balance being a mom to two little girls, being a photographer and another fact most people don't know- I also work part-time for a NASCAR driver. Well I work for his mom. I help with the online store, fan club and weekly e-newsletters.

Lately I have really felt as though I should continue to pursue photography. But there is a LOT to learn. There are a tons of moving pieces when it comes to photography- lighting, equipment, posing, editing, not to mention just the basics of knowing how to use all the parts of your camera correctly and having enough business sense to make it all work. It's definitely NOT cheap either.

In the past year, I have bought or been given- a new computer, a new lens, a new camera, new editing software (Photoshop), and now I have a new logo! I am so excited!

Recently I spent a lot of time going back and forth with the very talented designers at Graphic Industries to come up with my new logo! There is just something about having a logo that makes you feel like your business has some legitimacy. It's exciting and yet a little scary.

For those of you who haven't seen any of my work, other than the photos of the girls I have posted on the blog, check out my Facebook Page. If you'd like to continue to see my work, then "like" the page!

I love seeing how God continues to use and grow the talents He gives us when we put forth the effort. I have a long way to go, but I can't even begin to tell you how far I've come. I've learned how to be patient with myself in understanding that nothing is learned overnight. I've had to learn to give myself grace when things I wanted so badly to go well, just don't turn out the way I planned. And I can't wait to see what God has next on this adventure.












No comments:

Post a Comment