Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Side Effects of Caffeine

Well hello world. In case you are wondering we are, in fact, alive. We managed to have our third stomach bug come through the house in just a matter or months. Seriously? We don't even get out of the house that often. How do we keep getting this junk? I am completely over being stuck indoors. I need healthy children and beautiful weather, pronto!

We managed to get to the park last weekend just before Baby Girl was the first to go down with this round of the stomach flu. We haven't left the house much since. 

It took Jeff and R a few more days to catch it and by the grace of God I've managed to avoid this one! But I'll tell you what, being caregiver to all three was quite the challenge. I have never had to run more loads of continuous laundry, spray down so many things with Lysol or give the babies baths more consistently. 
I've also never tried so hard to stay well before. This weekend I will be taking my first girls getaway since before R was born (two and a half years ago!) and you'd better believe that I am not going to miss it. 
I'm meeting up with my mama and we are going to shop, play and eat for two days straight. I CANNOT WAIT! I, not only, get to hang out with my mom, but I get 3-4 hours of silence in a car each way. I can't tell you how relaxing the thought of silence sounds.

A little catch up on what the girls are doing these days- talking. Non-Stop. 
They are just two little chatterboxes and honestly, I feel like I can understand Baby Girl more clearly than I can R. Sometimes I even look to Baby Girl for interpretations. The two of them are always up to something. I find them in the oddest places just talking and laughing. 

I know this isn't the best photo, but it was all I could grab with my iPhone before they got up and ran off. I was getting ready one morning and I looked down and they were lying on the bathroom floor at my feet and they were just cracking themselves up. Every time they would look at each other, they would start laughing again. 
They will close themselves in closets, pantries, under the bathroom sink or hid behind furniture. They've had to get creative with the amount of time we've been stuck in this house.

During my week as Nurse Bethany, I have been on a strict diet of Starbucks, cereal and popcorn. Mostly just out of convenience, since no one else around here has been eating much of anything. But here's the problem with that- People do crazy things when all they've had in their system for almost 24 hours is caffeine. Crazy things like thinking that can clean out an entire linen closet during their children's' nonexistent nap time. Yep, I pulled out every item out of my overflowing kitchen closet, covered every inch of counter space, made the biggest mess I've seen in years... and then the effects of the sugar/caffeine wore off and the kids got up. Now I am just left with a disterous kitchen and so many odds and ends that I can't make myself throw away but refuse to put back in my now clean closet.
Caffeine gives me much needed energy, but the side effects can be detrimental. Haha.

I know I'm always asking for prayers around here, but goodness know we could use them! The girls are finally getting better and I want to keep it that way. I am determined to stay well and enjoy my time away and hopefully get the kitchen back in working order before I leave. And pray for Jeff and the girls during their fun-filled weekend together without Mama :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment