Yes, I realize that it has been almost a week since my last post. I am not sure how that happened. Life doesn't slow down, and our annoying colds and sinus infections seem to be returning : ( So keep us in your prayers because I am ready for this to be over!
So get ready for a week's worth of stories and pictures!
We haven't spent a lot of time outside lately because of the weather and all of our runny noses. But we can only handle being inside so much. Notice the little model girl in the background? She was cracking me up, leaning against the wall in her Ralph Lauren outfit (that I bought at Goodwill for ONE DOLLAR!) like she owned it!
Yes, it was cold outside and R has no coat on and no shoes. I tried to get both on her and failed. I was just happy that she was burning some energy up outside.
R LOVES to play with chalk.
It always ends up in her mouth. I try telling her not to. But I'm picking my battles. The container says that it is non-toxic, so that's what I'm holding on to.
The end result of the lost battle of the chalk.
You let her do what?!? Mom, seriously?
Our Windy Playdate
We had a wonderful time with our friends at the park. We haven't gotten to see each other nearly enough because someone always seems to be sick. We finally made it out to the park (briefly), but we were grateful for the fresh air and time with our friends.
R has no fear. She took off down this slide by herself over and over and over again. She wasn't nervous, but she was making mama a little anxious.
R was being my sweet helper. Or so I thought, I posted this picture on FB and a friend made the comment that she was likely just trying to run away with my Starbucks. That could be very true! I'm keeping my eye on this girl : )
This girl is getting SO LONG! I didn't take any pictures from our 18 month and 6 month check-ups this week, so I will use this picture as my case and point. R has always been pretty tall, but this time the doctor didn't even have a percent on their scale high enough to accurately portray her height. Her weight and head size were at the top of the scale as well, but those legs are killing me! She will out grow her mama in no time. She is 18 months old and those leggings are a 3T! Geez.
Both of these girls got a clean bill of health and that is all that matters to this mama! Baby Girl is my petite princess for now according to her stats. But after R shot up two shoe sizes in six weeks, I have learned that can change so fast. My favorite part of the appointment was when the nurse when on and on about how much the girls look alike : ) It made me smile. God is so good.
R's First Snow Day!
R spent tons of time outside this day. She would come inside, take a bath, warm up, maybe take a nap. and then it was time to start the process all over again. I still think the crazy snow day was amusing, seeing as I was watching the news and they were saying that we would not get any snow as I looked out my window to see that over an inch had already fallen. Seriously? Oh well, R loved it!
Her "friend", the gigantic dog, was on the other side of the fence. This girl has no fear. He barks at her and she growls back at him. I think they are somehow communicating, at least that's how she seems to see it.
I am trying once again to remember to include myself in pictures with the girls. Most of the time they are done with the reverse option on my iPhone, but occasionally I try to set up the self-timer mode on my camera. I didn't get the camera lined up well, but hey, I made it in the picture. (Even if R isn't amused :)
Daddy made it home a little early on this snowy day, so we made it outside for the third time. We can already tell that this little girl has taken to her daddy's love of snow.
Such a daddy's girl!
Jeff decided to teach R how to make a snowman. I didn't get to stick around for all of it, so sadly I have still never made a snowman. But my 18 month old can't say that. Daddy is making sure she gets a hold of her Minnesota roots.
R and her finished snowman. Jeff (very originally) named him Frosty : ) She seems to be soaking in every moment.
"Frosty"
They always have a blast when they are together. Baby Girl somehow slept through each time we went outside. So if you are wondering where she was, she was warm and cozy in her bed. Maybe she'll make it out next time- which looks like it could be soon!
Dinner Guests
The boys and their girls!
I can already see a friendship blossoming. Baby Girl and her cousin, Sweet Pea, are only four months apart. I love that all of these girls will grow up so close together.
Pictures like these make me grin from ear to ear. This is my everyday. We often don't get out of our jammies, especially the girls. I eventually make the upgrade to my sweats. R is totally in love with her sister and Baby Girl (secretly) enjoys all of the, not so gentle, affection from R.
However, Baby Girl is getting smart! I can watch these girls from a distance and Baby Girl will put up with A LOT from her sister, as seen in the photo above. But from the moment she sees me and R tries the same antics, the tears come out! She's already playing the "baby card!" Oh how I love these girls. They are keeping me on my toes.








No comments:
Post a Comment