This week has been all about sharing. I shared my cold with R and R shared her cold with Baby Girl. Maybe sharing isn't always the best thing to do. Now we just have to keep Jeff well! Thankfully so far it hasn't been a traumatic experience, just an annoying one. There has been lots of sniffling and sneezing. I never knew how much coordination and understanding it actually takes to blow your nose! Having an 18 month old and a 6 month old with runny noses has made me realize that you can't just tell them to blow. Oy. That makes for lots of messes.
We did our best to enjoy some time outside on days when it wasn't too cold or windy. Looking back, I'm not so sure this was the best idea. Crazy wind and unseasonably warm temperatures make for nasty allergies which is not something you want to add on top of a cold. However, we were all getting cabin fever. Keeping babies inside ALL DAY everyday gets old really fast.
I just hate seeing my girls sick. There is nothing worse as a parent then not knowing how to fix something that is hurting your child. My girls just have colds. I cannot even fathom those parents whose children are struggling with serious illness or injury. I thank God everyday for my healthy babies.
This little girl would spend all day outside if I would just stay out there with her. My goal is to get her plenty of outdoor activities by the time spring comes around. Baby Girl will be out there running around with her before I can blink!
She can't run around with her sister yet, but she does enjoy being outside just as much! We spend lots of time all hanging out in the backyard together. R amuses herself throwing golf balls, hitting them with her plastic clubs and the always popular - eating dirt. Baby Girl just watches and laughs. I can't believe how much older she looks in these pictures. She is working on sitting up on her own!
Our outing for the week- Target. My favorite place to go because it's close, I can browse cute clothes and (most importantly) they have Starbucks. Just getting us all there in one piece is reason enough to treat myself. There are very few places that I dare to take them both when I'm going it alone, and from the looks of this picture, you can tell why.
Baby Girl wouldn't stay in her car seat, so I carried her. I had to give R her milk because she was hollering while trying to climb over the back of the cart to get into her sister's now empty car seat. I was trying to push the cart with one hand while holding Baby Girl and my coffee in the other hand until she decided that coffee was sounding pretty good (as evidenced by the picture). Yes, I am THAT mom. People often stare. Most out of compassion or pity and some out of judgement (those people have obviously never had children). It doesn't bother me- I am out of the house, I am dressed and have on make-up, my children are fine and I have coffee. Good day. It's amazing how my standards have changed over time : )
This is R's go-to protest stance. I'm not sure exactly what she was protesting this particular time. It happens so often I forget. Thankfully she doesn't flail and holler. She just carefully lays herself on the floor, so as not to hurt herself, and rolls around : )
Yep, new shoes! We are shoe girls around here and I am in love with R's shiny, new shoes. Another one of the great deals I found on the 70% off rack at Target. Target is definitely a dangerous place for me to "browse."
The only surefire way I know to make sure R wakes up from her nap in a good mood is to bring Baby Girl in with me and let them play in R's crib for a few minutes. It makes my heart happy. They just talk back and forth and laugh and giggle. They were both sick the day I took this picture, but you put them together like this and they forget all about the runny noses and sneezing.
You'd never know she was sick. These girls have had the best attitudes and outlooks. It makes me even more proud to be their mama.
Jeff and I even made it on a date this week! I'm terrible about taking pictures when the girls aren't around. There is just something that happens when I step back for a break. It's like someone just clicks the off switch and the camera goes away. I'll work on that.











No comments:
Post a Comment