She woke up this morning with a runny nose and a case of the sneezes. Only to be followed up by a day of bumps and bruises that have not been matched in her short 17 1/2 months. She took at least half a dozen spills, most of which were not even due to her newly found acrobatic skills and one of which left her with a bloody lip. There were lots of tears... lots of tears.
But all things considered, she was unusually chipper. Yes, she cried. But she laughed even as I chased her around the gameroom trying to catch the blood that was still dripping from her mouth. She thought it was a game. Well that is until the towel touched her tender lip, then the tears started again. I guess it's a good thing that today was a jammies kind of day.
We started out the morning getting ready for a special guest. Mimi was coming over and R had to put the finishing touches on our (belated) birthday card for her. (Yes, she has a marker in her ear. At least it's the kind that only marks on special paper.... That makes it better, right?)
The girls sure love when they get to spend time with Mimi. It was a ray of sunshine in our rather gloomy Tuesday.
It was a good thing that Baby Girl decided to make today a low key day because R needed all the attention her mama could muster.
I was impressed with her tenacity and determination today. It was as if she had decided that nothing was going to get her down. I need to be more like that. If my day had gone like hers, I would have called it a day at noon, thrown in the towel and gone to bed, but only after pulling out a quote from one of my favorite books, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day-
“I went to sleep with gum in my mouth and now there's gum in my hair and when I got out of bed this morning I tripped on the skateboard and by mistake I dropped my sweater in the sink while the water was running and I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day...
I think I'll move to Australia”
I'm not sure what it says about me that this is one of my favorite books. I can obviously appreciate fine literature : ) But I am grateful for a good sense of humor and even more grateful that tomorrow is a new day!



No comments:
Post a Comment