Well the apocalypse came to our house, I wasn't sure we would make it through. But we woke up the next day and we were all still (mostly) intact.
R still had her moments, but not a single one of them compared to the events of the day before. We didn't make it to church, but enjoyed a slow day full of pjs, naps and a much more peaceful home. I am so ready for this teething to be over with! However, regardless of R's current state, she never ceases to amaze and amuse me. She is learning all kinds of new tricks. Most of which are quite terrifying to a parent.
I was less than 10 feet away when she pulled this one off. I was even facing her direction, and still she managed to get all the way on the table and I never heard a peep.
I just can't help it. I am obsessed with the little fingers and toes, that are sadly not nearly as little anymore.
I was able to steal away that afternoon for a couple of hours to recharge (Thanks Jeff! What a wonderful daddy). I enjoyed my Starbucks as I wrote, completely oblivious to the world around me. Writing is therapy for me, hence this blog. After a quick trip to the Walmart (my least favorite place in the world), I made it home. Every time I come back after being away even for the shortest amount of time, I cringe as I slowly open the door, just praying that I don't hear the screams of small children. Am I the only one who does that? Thankfully I didn't!
One child was fast asleep and the over was contently playing. And I breathed a loud sigh of relief.
While the weather was far from beautiful, it was still nice enough to get R out in the fresh air for a little bit. This winter weather can really do a number on you, when you have small children crammed in a house all day.
If you look closely, you can see those teeth I was talking about!
Yep, she's wearing her favorite ruby red slippers (I mean shoes), along with her mismatched pajamas and a thrown on hoodie. Whatever works! At least she's clothed.
I love my little ragamuffin. Sadly she got her mama's crazy hair that grows straight forward.
Well it was a better day than the day before and I'm just going to keep on believing that the best is yet to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment