My parents came in town to visit the girls and as an added bonus they got to see the rest of us as well : ) Yes, I know how it all works now and I'm okay with it. After kids you are always second fiddle, but at least having the girls brings my parents up here a lot more often!
Aside from having my family here, Jeff went and picked up our new car! We have been on the hunt for a bigger car since we found out that Baby Girl was on her way. She is almost six months now and we finally took the plunge. I know Jeff was sad to get rid of his big, red truck, but we are happy to have a car big enough to fit all of us and our stuff. We've even got some room to grow (eventually :).

Let me tell you what, R LOVES her DC. I keep telling Jeff that she is definitely a daddy's girl, but I can see that she will be a daddy and DC girl.
One of Dovie's favorite things to do when she is here- give Baby Girl a bath. Pretty soon the girls will be big enough to play in the big girl tub together. I'm not ready for that. They need to stop growing up so fast!
No children were harmed during the taking of this picture. DC made out alright as well. Although she would most assuredly drink coffee if I let her. She's taking after her mama already.
Yep, more coffee!
Uncle Roo took her on her first carousel ride. It was a hit!
All this excitement wore her out! She never naps like this. It's hard enough to get her to nap in her own crib.
Dovie and her girls.
Mommy cuddles.
My new favorite picture.
Our new ride! Jeff is so good at the wheeling and dealing. He always makes sure we come out on top!

My first time taking the Traverse out for a spin and where else would mom and I go- RiverCity. It's only fitting!

Uncle Roo and Baby Girl hanging out at lunch after church. One of the nice things about being the only one with small children in the family is that everyone else has hands free to hold them!

Dovie and sweet Baby Girl saying good-bye for now.
BFFs. Kisses and hugs for DC before he heads back home.
What an amazing spiritual heritage these girls have and they don't even know it yet. We are so blessed!
Of course I would prefer to have them a few blocks away instead of a few states away, but we love every visit! Only a few more weeks and they will be back to celebrate DC's birthday.
This weekend held all kinds of fun adventures for us. There is never a dull moment with my parents in town. We eat a ton, always shop and have lots of catching up to do. But this weekend we had the extra bonus of getting a new car. I am grateful for every blessing, big and small.











No comments:
Post a Comment