Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Devil's House

Since everyone has dubbed this throwback Thursday. I thought I would enlighten you with a great story.

My brother, Andrew, and I lived together for a year during my senior year of college. So come Christmas time we decided to send out a Christmas card together. What better way than to have two adult siblings go to the mall and take their picture with Santa? So yes, we stood in line to see Santa surrounded by dozens of small children and their parents.

The little boy in front of us was over the whole thing. He was done. But he kept asking his mom something over and over again. Andrew and I couldn't seem to make out what he was saying. Perhaps we heard him correctly, but thought surely that could not be what he was actually saying?? Finally he yelled at the top of his voice asking his mom if they were "going to the Devil's house."

Andrew and I both looked at each other, not sure if we should be scared or bust out laughing. This child's mom could obviously see the concern on our face when she responded loud enough that we could hear her, "I know Papa calls Walmart, the Devil's House, but you have got to stop!"

And cue the hysterical laughing. Andrew and I busted out laughing and there was no stopping us. Yes, she turned around to look at us and we did not care one bit. That was completely awesome! This little boy and I are on the same page. Can I get an "amen"?!

Now and forevermore Walmart has been appropriately dubbed....the Devil's House.



No comments:

Post a Comment