Today was a special day.
Why was today so special?
Well, the weather was beautiful. We had no melt downs or tantrums. And daddy got to take a late lunch and join us for a visit to our favorite place, no not Walmart, Utica Square. If I get to walk around Utica on a beautiful day with my whole family (who are all content and well-rested) and have a Starbucks in my hand- it is indeed a very special day.
We briefly tried to enjoy our coffee outside. While it was a beautiful day, it was a little windy and cool, so that didn't last long. I guess it is still January.
It's amazing how as a parent you become more grateful for days like these. It's not like I woke up to a spotless house, dropped the kids off and got a pedicure (although that all sounds nice too). Nope, maybe I'm just working on being more grateful for the small things.
Small things like Starbucks frappuccinos or getting an email that my Starbucks Gold Card is in the mail!
Small things like having my whole family together in the middle of the work day, just to get out and enjoy the sunshine.
Or even the not so small things like celebrating the five amazing months that this precious Baby Girl has been in our lives.
But I would have to say that the highlight of my special day is encapsulated in this one picture. Jeff and R having tea, sitting on a bunk bed, in the middle of Pottery Barn Kids. I am grateful to have a man who will use his lunch break to sit in a store and have tea with his little girl.
Today was a special day. Hopefully, I can choose to make tomorrow a special day as well.






No comments:
Post a Comment