Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Past Six Months - What A Joy

I cannot believe that Baby Girl will be six months soon. That just does not even seem possible. I have tried imagining what our lives would be like without her and I can't. Our family would not be the same if she weren't here. There would be an unexplainable hole that only she could fill.

Before she was born, I wondered what life would be like with her. I wondered how fun and overwhelming and joyous and sleepless it would be to have two in diapers. I wondered if we were doing the right thing by offering to adopt her, but all I could imagine was this beautiful baby girl with some other family and knowing that a piece of me was somewhere else. I would have had to live with that decision for the rest of my life. 

I am glad that God immediately put Jeff and I in agreement on an issue we never really saw eye-to-eye on. I am glad that her birthparents chose us to raise this little princess. And I am glad that I will not have to live with a decision that my temporary emotions or situation were more important than this life and the millions of lives that her story will impact. 


God usually gives us nine months to prepare for a baby, but we had two. I did not birth her, nor did I have nine months to spiritually and emotionally bond with her. But I didn't need it. She is ours. She was always intended to be ours. God just brought her to us in a special way.

We instantly feel in love with her chubby cheeks, perfect lips and laid back personality. Many babies take weeks to respond to their mother's voice, the same mom who they listened to night and day for nine months. Baby Girl knew my voice within days. She is definitely Mama's little girl. No matter where I go in a room, she follows me. I love that I get to call her mine. 



We are beyond blessed to be surrounded by so many family and friends who love us, support us and cover us in prayer.



She already has her daddy wrapped around her tiny, little finger! Daddy can make her laugh like no one else. He is always there to love her, encourage her, support her and protect her. I love that I married a man who so fiercely loves his children.


Look at our sweet little family. I never would have imagined that our family would grow so quickly or that we would have two little GIRLS. I don't know why, but I subconsciously assumed that I would have a boy first. Of course, now I wouldn't want it any other way. Although Jeff is already praying that our next baby will be a boy. He is getting outnumbered quickly! : )  




Baby Girl cannot just relax and enjoy playtime, because R is never but a few steps away. She always has to be on guard. These girls are inseparable! R is so enamored with this little being that will grow up to be her best friend. I can't wait to see them have tea parties, play dress-up and have slumber parties. I know there will be fights over "borrowed" clothes or not sharing toys, but those are small things compared to all that they will gain by having each other.




There is no way to explain the joy that Baby Girl has brought into our lives and into our home. She is full of laughs and giggles. She already finds is funny when her sister gets into trouble. And no one can make R happier faster than her little sister.

I just love being their mama. I love that I get to spend everyday helping to shape and mold them. It is totally scary and completely overwhelming at times, but it is my dream job. 

Happy six months Baby Girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment