Baby Girl is sitting up all by herself! I'm guessing she could have done it earlier, but we didn't try it too often. Most of her time on the floor was done out of necessity for mama to have free hands. So she spent that time playing with her sister. R doesn't really understand gentle or "no," so leaving an unstable child sitting upright on the floor with her toddler sister would not be a good idea. When we actually gave her the opportunity to sit on her own, look what she does!
I love that R will never remember life before Baby Girl came. I think of them more as twins sometimes. These few months and early years will hold the biggest differences between them, but soon enough most people will probably not even be able to tell they are 360 days apart : )
Baby Girl is developing quite the personality. She is learning to stick up for herself already. Someone stopped us on the way out of church today to let us know that our little girl was pulling her sister's hair. I immediately told R to "be gentle." The individual let me know that R wasn't the one pulling hair! Baby Girl had gotten a hold of her sister's head and all I could do was laugh, just not too loud.
If you can't tell by all of the pictures, we spend lots of time in R's room. There are lots of toys and books and both of the girls seem to enjoy their time in there. I guess that's good because at some point they will share this room together. In my head, I can already hear the endless giggling and late night story telling. These girls make life so much fun.
Peek-A-Boo!
I see you!
This is just crazy to look at! I cannot believe that is my Baby Girl sitting up all on her own!
Watch that big sister, she's looking a little mischievous.
Those hands are getting a little closer.
And there she goes. It happened so quickly that I didn't catch it in time. It's a good thing that Baby Girl thought it was funny. Mama, however, did not agree. We're nipping that in the bud real quick.
I love every new stage we go through with these girls. Yes, some are more difficult that others, but in my head I hear the country song playing- "You're gunna miss this. You're gunna want this back. You're gunna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast."
So for those of you who are going through some hard phases remember this - It Is Just A Phase. If your baby is screaming themselves to sleep, it's a phase. If they won't let anyone hold them but you, it's a phase. If you're toddler runs from you while throwing a tantrum in the middle of Marshall's while your hands are full and you are pushing a stroller trying to catch them (like mine did last week)- BREATH. It is just a phase. I can't imagine a time when they will no longer need me or call for me or want me to hold them when they cry. I know the time will come and maybe then I'll be more prepared. But for now I will try to soak in every phase, good and hard, because it is just a phase.









No comments:
Post a Comment