There is never a dull moment around here these days. I'm learning quickly that being a mama is no easy task! You think you understand these things when you get married and decide to start a family, but the experience is nothing you can prepare for and I wouldn't change it for a second.
These girls have stolen my heart and rocked my world. Sometimes I still wonder how I am possibly old enough to be the married, graduated college and own a home and on top of that I have TWO KIDS! Then I shockingly remember that I am 27 and no longer 19, I have no idea where the time went.
Each day is a new adventure with these girls. I may be out of school, but I am learning new things constantly. Most of the time it feels like I am just learning what NOT to do, but that is still learning.
God is daily tugging at my heart and working out all of the kinks. He is opening my eyes to the places I have not yet fully surrendered so that I can be the best wife, mom, daughter, sister and friend possible.
He is allowing me to help lead and mold these little world changers every single day and that excites and terrifies me. I am so honored to be able to have this amazing job of being a mother and am working to push past my insecurities and trust Him to be enough for me every day.
And on those days when I fail...which is often... I know that He is there with grace and forgiveness and I am given the opportunity to teach my children the lessons of repentance, grace, and asking forgiveness from God and from them. My desire is to use my triumphs and mistakes as lessons to teach them. Experiences are not to be wasted but used.
I love being a Mama. I love the hugs and kisses. I love watching them try and try until they succeed. And I love holding their hand every step of the way.
I am completely imperfect and in God's eyes that is completely wonderful. Just let that sink in.
I am doing my best to allow others to be imperfect as well. I want to be a safe place for my children to fail because I know they will. I want to love and guide them in such a way that they do not feel as though a momentary situation could ever affect who they will always be to me- my daughter.
With all the joy has definitely come some trials, that is an inevitable part of being a parent. I'm not even two years into this part of my journey and I've already learned that! I don't even want to think about stages of social pressures, make-up, boyfriends, rejection, etc. I adore their innocence and want to keep them this way forever.
But for now, I am just going to focus on the stage I am in. R is 19 months and Baby Girl is 7 months and we have more than enough to work on right where we are at.
I am soaking in the giggles and cuddles and praying for a full nights sleep at some point : ) But all in time!
I don't know what I did to deserve these two perfect little princesses. But I am more than blessed!
I do my best to constantly catch these little snapshots of our everyday lives. Yes, usually someone's head get chopped off. But two babies crawling on me is my life and I never want to forget these days, so I freeze time momentarily so that I can always remember.
And I keep snapping pictures when my picture perfect moment turns into what I really want to remember- reality. These photos always make me smile.
(I have learned that my constant striving for perfection is part of what has fueled my almost two weeks hiatus from the blog. So this post is fairly unedited. I apologize for any grammatical/spelling mistakes, but I assume that most people who read this blog would rather an unedited version than no version at all : )



No comments:
Post a Comment