A few women in my life have opened up their private world to me and shared their own personal experience of choosing to place a child up for adoption. Some women share this openly, but most hold it tightly to their hearts and you may never know the pain they have endured. I know there are even more of these amazing mothers in my life than I will ever realize.
This letter may be based around my own personal experience, but I hope you understand the admiration and respect I have for any woman who has made this decision in the best interest of her child.
To this group of mothers I would like to say from the heart of an adoptive mom:
My family, my life and my heart would not be complete without my Baby Girl.
I cannot fathom the pain you have endured, nor would I ever assume I could. But the tears you cried were not in vain. The prayers you prayed did not fall on deaf ears. I will spend the rest of my life making sure she understands your sacrifice. This was not a decision made out of haste or convenience, it was for her. I will make sure she knows that heroes don't wear capes or have superpowers. They are people who do what is right even when it hurts and costs them everything. She will know that you are a true example of a hero.
You are a mother.
I would never assume to truly grasp the magnitude of the decision you made or the angst that went through your heart as we left your hospital room, baby in tow. You will forever be her hero and mine.
Even if no one calls you Mom, you are truly a mother. You are selfless, sacrificing and strong- all of you.
Thank you. She is here because of you.
***Updated Photos Since Originally Posted***











No comments:
Post a Comment