Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pretty Pink Princess Party

I did my best to come up with a theme for the girls' birthday party. I mulled over it for weeks, if not months. I had found a color scheme and just knew that the perfect theme was out there. While I LOVE Pinterest, I found out recently that there is a new thing called "Pinterest Stress" and I completely get it now! Everything on there is so perfect and there are so many amazing ideas- that take time...that take money...and then they take more time and more money. The two things that are not plentiful in my life right now with two little babies. So I finally gave up on finding a theme and decided that "pink" would be my theme- any and every shade of pink. I mean it is a party for two girls, right? Pink should be a perfect theme.



Just a year ago. It seems so long ago and yet just yesterday.




I looked back later and can't believe that we didn't get a picture of all four of us. I only have the one picture (shown above) of both girls together and R is in mid-motion. Oh well!


My favorite picture of the whole day.

The cake was PERFECT and pink. I couldn't have asked for more.



They just thought Christmas morning was a big deal! And this wasn't even all of them... Our house is PACKED! It is amazing how surrounded we are by people who love us and our children, not just with material gifts but with every other blessing imaginable. 

Grandma hunted and hunted for just the right baby doll and this little girl would not open a single present more until her dolly got taken out of the package.









Yep, R got herself a tricycle! And a pink one no less. They also got themselves the "Rolls Royce" of wagons and an awesome outdoor picnic table! Spoiled? I'd say so :)

It was amazing to watch the difference in the way they ate their cupcakes. Admittedly this is NOT the first sugar Baby Girl has had. I chalk that up to her being the second child, but she still devoured that cupcake in no time! But just take a look at her sister...

She carefully ate the icing off of the top of the cupcake. 

She didn't care what part of the cupcake she ate, as long as it made it into her mouth.

How did she ALL of that icing and keep her face so clean?!



Yep, this is what she looked like when she was done! I was simply amazed.



This was the clean version of what she looked like. 

Well our Pink Party was a success! There were so many other things I had planned to do and make for the party, but in the end I just wanted to be able to enjoy it. I didn't need to go into debt for this party or stress over making party favors or elaborate food.  I just wanted to soak in the joy on my little girls' faces and enjoy the time with those around us. We are so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment