Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Home Sweet Home (part 2)

We had such a wonderful time in Shreveport. All three of us girls were spoiled rotten. 

It was so crazy to watch my own children play with the dollhouse I had as a little girl and for R to play dress-up in clothes I used to wear thinking I was SO cool.

This girl knows how to strike a pose!


We made our always important trip to Strawn's. Both girls got their first taste of Strawn's pie. Let's just say they are huge fans, which is no real surprise! Who isn't?!

Pie Face : )

This girl is something else. One of her favorite "toys" while we were at my parents was the house phone. I honestly don't even know how she knew what it was, we don't have one! But she would talk on it for what seemed like hours at a time and she CRACKED herself up.

And this is the terrifying contraption that my mom made so that Baby Girl wouldn't fall out of her highchair. She may seem fairly content now, but that was not the scene when she was first put into it.

 
It just wouldn't be a real trip home if we didn't have crawfish. You can't go to Louisiana during crawfish season and NOT eat crawfish, there is just something inherently wrong with that.

Yep, those were my freshly manicured nails. I wasn't going to miss out on crawfish because I didn't want to mess up my nails. Regardless of popular opinion, I'm not THAT girly.

R was enjoying some down time in my childhood room. While the furniture and carpet have changed since we moved in when I was about 12, those are the ONLY things that have changed. My walls are still baby blue with a teddy bear border around the top and my ceiling is covered in over 1,000 glow-in-the-dark star stickers. I have always loved the stars and that just seemed like an appropriate way to bring the outside in. Now I just pity the person who has to take them all down : )

Notice the sign on the wall??

Yep, that's where the name of my blog came from- Bless My Mess. 

I guess my mom knew from an early age that some things will never change. 

Probably four of my most favorite girls!

Someone was enjoying some cuddle time with her Aunt Patti.

I know I posted this before, but I love this picture of Baby Girl and her Dovie. 

She's not too sure about this.

Congratulations Ryan! We are so proud of you!

My beautiful cousin and twin, Lauren. I miss you already!!



Hey DC! Let's go this way.

No... that way.

or maybe that way...

Nope. Changed my mind. I like this way best.

I'm pretty sure DC, Dovie and Rambo needed to catch up on a lot of sleep once we left.

We miss you guys already!


No comments:

Post a Comment