Saturday, November 9, 2013

A Park Adventure and an Almost Lost Puppy

The girls and I made a solo trip to our favorite spot last week, Utica Square. Usually we are on a timetable because we are meeting friends, but not this time. As we left, I was kicking myself for not having my camera with me so that we could stop by the park and I could snap a few pictures while they played. But God knew I'd need it and thankfully I had forgotten it in my car the night before (which I've never done before). Thanks God! 

There were lots of squirrels to chase, tons of dirt to eat, a plethora of leaves to play in and plenty of room to run.




At almost 15 months old, this little beauty is finally deciding that walking is, in fact, the way to go.



This is "RoRo." (Pretty much everything in my girls' lives has been reduced to repetitive syllables.) But she got this little guy at Cracker Barrel one day when my mom was in town. She had not been one to have a strong opinion about things. But after grabbing him out of a basket of stuffed animals as we walked through the store, you couldn't pry him from her hands even to pay for him. They are inseparable.

She loves her RoRo.

I was very thankful that God helped me realize about halfway through our park visit that RoRo was no where in site. We backtracked and found him. That could have been a tragedy! Crisis adverted.






I love my little explorers. By this point, Baby Girl was shoeless and both were covered in dirt and leaves from head to toe. But that's what childhood is all about, right? I like to think that I am just encouraging their adventurous spirits and allowing myself to relax and enjoy watching them grow, muddy and all.









We had a great time on our park adventure. I am always a bit apprehensive to take them anywhere they will both be free to roam without having another adult with me to help me, but they did great! I have a feeling we'll be heading out there again soon if the weather cooperates.

No comments:

Post a Comment