Monday, November 18, 2013

Mommy Confession

That's right... Mom of the Year here.
Coming at you again with one of my awesome stories about how together I have it. :) Enjoy.

I rarely eat breakfast.

Usually by the time I actually get both of my girls fed, we are either running out the door or it just doesn't make the top of my priority list. But on the days I manage, it's usually just toast. No, not even some kind of fancy cinnamon toast. No peanut butter or specialty bread. Just sandwich bread and a little butter- that's good day. Sad, I know. : )

I know some moms who manage three homemade meals on a daily basis. You know those moms? The ones who sit down with their kids and they all eat breakfast together while she sips on a piping hot cup of coffee. Ha! Yea, somehow I haven't managed to become that mom yet. I'm not sure I'll ever have it together enough to be "that mom." Oh well…

But on the special days and I get my toast, you know AFTER I have already fed my children. And what is the first thing they do? They want my toast. Of course. So being the "good" mom that I am, I oblige them, by giving them small pieces of my crust. Remember "those moms" I was talking about earlier? Yea, they wouldn't do that. Well first of all they would have just made extra toast, but even if they didn't- I am sure they would have just given the kid the toast. But not me. They get the crust.

The sad thing now is that whenever I make them their own toast… they only eat the crust… What little kid does that?! Mine. Because what mama gives me obviously has to be the best part. Oh I'm sorry girls, Mama really does love you- even if I give you my crust.

"Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he?…"   - Matthew 7:9-10

I mean I'm not giving them a rock or a snake. That counts for something, right?! Of course, I know some kids that might view them the same.

That's me… Best. Mom. Ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment