Friday, November 1, 2013

My Little Pumpkins

I love fall. 

I haven't always felt this way. Usually fall signifies to me that winter is just around the corner and I am SO not a cold weather girl! Growing up in Louisiana made sure of that. But now I am learning to accept that I can love fall and not begrudge the fact that it means winter is on its way.

I also know that some of you think I'm crazy and that Oklahoma winters aren't that bad, but they are MORE than enough for me, thank you! : )

But I also love fall because it means that the weather is PERFECT for outings with my favorite little girls. Our most recent adventure was to the pumpkin patch. We never even made it around to carving the pumpkin, but at least we bought one and our front porch has some semblance of the fall festivities. 






This picture makes me smile because it wasn't two months ago that this little girl melted down over and over again at the zoo. And those animals weren't even this close. But here she is petting them and feeding them! My brave little girl.

Baby Girl, however, is fearless. Sometimes we have to reign her in a little bit. Her name doesn't mean "Warrior" for nothing, I guess : ) 



If only you could see behind the camera. Jeff was doing is very best to get these girls to smile for me... And I think their faces say it all.
"Umm...Dad, seriously?? People are staring at you."

We've been coming to this pumpkin patch since R was just a couple of months old, and it makes me happy. I love family traditions. 


Yes, we may pay a little more for our pumpkin. But we get so much more out of it than just a pumpkin. We get memories. 

Happy Fall Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment