Monday, April 7, 2014

Baby Girl's New Accessory

At our most recent check-up with the pediatrician, she noticed something out of the ordinary. She pointed the light into Baby Girl's eyes and noticed that one was just a little more dull than the other. I didn't know exactly what that even meant, but out of caution she asked us to see the pediatric ophthalmologist.

When I called to make an appointment they were booked WAY out, so we made our appointment weeks in advance only to get the call that someone had canceled and we could go in the next day. They dilated her eyes, the doctor took one look and said, "You'd better thank your pediatrician because they NEVER catch this so early."


He said that one eye was practically perfect and the other was drastically different. If we didn't get her in glasses at some point in the near future, she would just stop using the "bad" eye, the muscles would weaken and irreversible deterioration would begin.

So we got her some glasses and she is ADORABLE, if I do say so myself.

Now we just picked them up today, so most of these pictures were taken as I bribed her with fruit snacks to keep them on. But off and on she actually kept them on a few minutes at a time and that was WAY more than I was expecting on day one. 

We are first and foremost believing for her healing, but secondly we are praying for a smooth transition while she needs her glasses.

I've been trying to explain to R that not everything has to be shared because now she wants to wear glasses too. I told her that she needs to encourage her sister to keep her glasses on, but for some reason she didn't understand all of that :)




I have to admit that glasses were not in MY "perfect plan" for Baby Girl. But let's be honest, in MY perfect plan, I never would have dreamed that God would have blessed us with this amazing little girl. So it's a good thing that His plan is always better.

2 comments:

  1. Quite possibly the cutest glasses on the cutest little munchkin ever! What a doll baby. And great perspective on it, Momma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca! It came as a surprise, but she's handling it like a champ!

      Delete