Before Baby Girl was even born, I knew that we would need to find something to keep these two occupied in the backyard. Something that wouldn't require my constant supervision. Something they couldn't jump off, fall off or always want my help to use. What could be more perfect for two little girls than a playhouse?
So after months, and I mean MONTHS, of research, we settled on ordering this particular playhouse. I could go into all of the MANY reasons why I chose this one, but basically it wasn't plastic, had good reviews and had a very tall clearance level. R is already so tall and I didn't want her outgrowing it in a matter of months like she would have most of the plastic ones.
Of course the cute white trim, flower boxes (that I have yet to fill), picnic bench and working doorbell didn't hurt either. I hated that we had to face the pretty bay windows next to the house, but with our backyard at a slant that seemed like the best option.
Jeff spent two weekends putting this together and had lots of little hands helping him. They all did a great job! It didn't come with a floor, so he made sure and built one for them. What a good daddy!
Success!
I foresee lots of picnics, tea parties and many hours of play happening in this little house.

Every night after the girls go to bed, I go clean out the playhouse. They take pretty much every toy out of the living room and somehow it makes its way to "their house."
At some point I will fill the flower boxes, add some cute curtains and put in some small storage containers so they can keep a few toys out there.
The girls LOVE this house and we are very grateful for those who made it possible. (You know who you are!)
(For those of you who have asked about where I purchased it- let me say this... I found it on a blog, but purchased it through a store site called Rural King.com. I couldn't find it listed on there anymore. But I will also say for full disclose that I had my credit card information stolen through them, so they may not be the best place to purchase it. It is called the Cedar Cottage Playhouse. I saw it listed on eBay at one time, but don't know if they are still available.)











No comments:
Post a Comment